Saturday 18 February 2017

Project Specific Tools

Yesterday I started to make a soda blast chamber to clean up the ratty looking parts. I went to my local hardware store and got a large clear plastic toy/storage box and cut 2 hand holes in it to fix 2 elbow length rubber gloves.



Today the gloves came and I fitted the gloves using 2 plywood rings to keep the gloves in place and to stop any soda from the chamber from coming out. I will show some video of the chamber once it's finished and in use.

I also invested in a couple of workshop tools. First was the compressor

It's a 24 litre, 2.5hp, 9.5cf/m unit which will be more than adequate for my needs. Here is a link to the one I bought.

The next thing I needed was an internal bearing puller as there are a couple of blind bearings that will be almost impossible to remove without it. Link to the item Here.


After inspecting the original engine internals I found them to be too far gone to be of any use so a visit to eBay turned up an intact used engine bottom end with all the bits needed for my requirements. Cheap too at £41. 



Once the original engine cases are cleaned, painted and the new bearings and seals have been fitted, the internals from the donor engine will be transferred into the original cases. and the bottom end can be put back together.

It's a lot of waiting for tools and parts to arrive now. but I'll update as soon as I have more to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment