Friday 10 March 2017

First Paint

Over the last couple of days I've been getting back into the project after building my new workshop so the first thing to do was finish cleaning the engine cases in the blasting cabinet. I'm quite happy with the results using just Sodium Bicarbonate (and a little bit of elbow grease).








I managed to miss a few spots but got them with a scotch brite pad and sandpaper. 

The new paint is still tacky so the engine build will have to wait for that to dry but should be ready for the day after tomorrow. Here are a few pics of the main cases and right engine cover with fresh paint.


Before blasting.


After blasting


After paint



Now I've never built the internals of an engine/gearbox before so I'm a bit nervous about it but I have a Haynes manual and the local bike shop is just down the road. I'd like to complete it myself though.

No comments:

Post a Comment