Wednesday 15 March 2017

Tank Prep

Another job that has been nagging me to be done was the fuel tank. It wasn't the tidiest of tanks and needed a fair bit of TLC.

First I tried sitting it on the frame to make sure it was right. Good job I did, the tank had obviously been on a bike that had been involved in some sort of collision. The rear of the tank where the seat sits on it had been dented and creased, and the underneath of the tank had been pushed down and was now interfering with the frame. This had also caused the sides of the tank to bow out. I was a bit gutted as it wasn't something I was expecting, but I got on with it and started hitting it with a couple of hammers. I had the original tank laying around so I used it as a template to compare size and shape.



After beating the shit out of it for a while I needed to fill the dents I'd made, and there were a few of them to fill. 



 I have put a layer of primer on it just to stop it rusting while I get on with the engine but I'll update on it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment